If your wallet has been lost or stolen, take the following actions:
- Call the three major credit reporting agencies (Equifax: 1-800-525-6285, Experian: 1-888-397-3742 and Trans Union: 1-800-680-7289) and ask them to immediately place a Fraud Alert on your name and Social Security number. The alert means any company that checks your credit knows your information was stolen and they have to contact you by phone to authorize new credit.
- Notify the SSN national fraud hotline at 1-800-269-0271.
- Cancel your credit cards. You can contact SCCU Visa and Debit MasterCard here.
- File a police report the same day, if at all possible, in the jurisdiction where your wallet was stolen.
South Central Credit Union has a partnership with Credit Union Service Center Shared Branching Network. Members can visit any of the more than 5,000 shared branches across the United States to conduct financial transactions. To locate a convenient Credit Union Service Center near you, click here.
Vishing is the telephone equivalent of phishing. Vishing is the act of using the telephone in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft. The scammer usually pretends to be a legitimate business, and fools the victim into thinking he or she will profit. South Central Credit Union will never call asking you for any ersonal or account information.
Interest rates on Certificates of Deposit vary and are based on the term of the certificate and on the opening balance of the certificate. Click here to see current rates.
To establish good credit, you need a steady work record and continued residence at the same address. If you do not have a checking account, open one and be careful not to bounce checks.
To read more about establishing good credit check out our Loan & Credit Management Center in our Financial Resource Center.
Our fax number is 517-787-7082.
If your employer offers direct deposit, give the payroll department our credit union’s routing number 272481680 and your account number.
Our routing number is 272481680
- About South Central Credit Union
- Account Questions
- ATM Questions
- Certificates of Deposit Questions
- Checking Questions
- Debit Card Questions
- Financial Literacy Questions
- General Product and Service Questions
- Home Banking Questions
- Loan and Credit Questions
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Roth IRA Questions
- Security Questions