Do you want convenient access to your savings account and exemplary service? If so, a SCCU Savings Account is for you. Not only do we offer Internet and Mobile Banking; we also provide you with money management tools to help you budget, see where you’re spending and how much you’re saving.
SCCU offers several savings account options to help you grow your money. Whether you’re saving for a special purchase, building up an emergency fund, or simply saving your pennies for a rainy day, we have products designed to meet your needs. And when you bank with SCCU, you’ll always have convenient access to your money.
Primary Share Savings
- Each credit union member is a shareholder in this organization. To maintain the status of a full shareholder, $5 must remain on-hold in your primary savings (Primary Share) as long as your account is open. These savings accounts earn interest and can be utilized for direct deposit or payroll deduction.
- Certificate of Deposit, CDs, are one of the safest and most convenient ways to save for the future. You can lock in your investment from three months to five years and be assured of the return you’ll receive upon maturity. Rate sheets are available at each branch and our savings rates page. The credit union uses the daily balance method of computing dividends, which applies a daily periodic rate to the full amount of principal in the account each day. *Penalty for early withdrawal. Learn more about SCCU's CDs.
- Money Market accounts with a balance of $2,500 or greater offer a higher interest rate than a traditional savings account. Some transfer and withdrawal restrictions apply. Learn more about SCCU's Money Market Accounts.
- SCCU offers a variety of IRA options. You can elect to deposit IRA funds into either an IRA premium Money Market or lock it up for a specific term at a potentially higher rate in an IRA Certificate of Deposit (CD). We offer three types of IRAs. Learn more about SCCU's IRAs.
- Platinum Plus is an exclusive account offered to members who are at last 55 years of age. The credit union has bundled a valuable package of benefits as a part of this program including: Free checking, free checks, free ATM/Debit card, six free ATM transactions per month, free money orders, no annual fee VISA and tiered savings rates.
- Club accounts are a great tool to help save for the holidays, home repairs, down payment for a future vehicle, wedding or a much needed getaway. Using payroll deduction to make a deposit each payday is a terrific way to get the most benefit from these accounts. Just a few dollars out of each paycheck can make a big difference; ask to open a Club Account on your next visit.
Go to main navigation