Our Field of Membership:
To become a member at South Central Credit Union, visit us at 958 W. Monroe St., Jackson, Michigan with valid state photo ID (or student ID if under 16) and your social security number (card not required as long it matches credit check).
US PATRIOT ACT
Member Identification Requirements:
- In accordance to Section 326 of the USA PATRIOT ACT, all financial institutions are required to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account or changes an existing account.
- The federal requirement applies to all new and current members. This information is used to assist the US Government in the fight against funding of terrorism and money-laundering activities.
What this means to you:
When you open an account or change an existing account, we will ask each person for their name, physical address, mailing address, date of birth, and other information that will allow us to identify them. We will ask to see each person's drivers license or state ID with a secondary form of identification (ie: utility bill, social security card, club membership card, etc). We will then copy or record information from identification.
We proudly support all efforts to protect and maintain the security of our members and our country. For more information on the US PATRIOT ACT, click here.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP:
- Employees of this credit union.
- Members of the immediate families of any person listed below. Immediate family is defined as anyone related by blood or marriage or living in the same household.
- Organizations composed mostly of the same general group making up the membership listed above.
- A spouse of a deceased member if elected to membership prior to remarriage.
- State Employees: Employees and pensioners (retirees) of the State of Michigan who work or reside in the following counties:
- City of Jackson Michigan: Employees and pensioners (retirees)
- County of Jackson Michigan: Employees and pensioners (retirees)
- Townships of Jackson County: Employees and pensioners (retirees)
- Michigan Railroaders: Employees of Michigan Railroads and family members
- Retirees: Any person over age 55 who receives a retirement annuity, pension, social security, or similar retirement payment from private or government sources, and lives in Jackson County or a county that is contiguous to Jackson County or any person over age 55 who belongs to a retirement organization located in Jackson County or a county that is contiguous to Jackson County.
- Select Employment Groups: Employees of businesses that are located within 25 miles of the credit union's offices and which have requested service from our credit union. This list currently includes:
- All Green Lawn Care (All-Green Landscaping)
- American Cancer Society South Central Michigan
- Belle Tire
- Burger King (1023 West Ave, Jackson)
- Cassity Chiropractic Center
- Crankshaft Machine Group
- Crossing Photography
- Henry Ford Allegiance Health
- Hunt School Employees and Students
- Jackson District Library
- Jackson Transit Authority
- Kohl's Dept Store of Jackson
- McLaughlin, Ward & Co. (Wardcraft - Spring Arbor)
- Non-Profit Network
- Ray Printing
- Sam's Club
- Southern Michigan Law Enforcement Association