- About South Central Credit Union
- Account Questions
- ATM Questions
- Certificates of Deposit Questions
- Checking Questions
- Debit Card Questions
- Financial Literacy Questions
- General Product and Service Questions
- Home Banking Questions
- Loan and Credit Questions
- Miscellaneous Questions
- Roth IRA Questions
- Security Questions
Have you ever bounced a check? It happens to the best of us. Worse than the embarrassment of bouncing a check, other financial institutions charge you an NSF fee, and the business you wrote it to charges you a fee on top of that. Worse yet, what if the check was to a friend or to a relative? We offer three ways to avoid having your item from being returned:
- If you have a savings account with us, you can arrange to have us automatically transfer, funds from your savings account to your checking account to cover drafts. A small overdraft transfer fee will be assessed for each item that occurs. See our current rates and fee schedule.
- We can grant you an overdraft line of credit loan and lend you the funds to cover the overdrafts in your checking account. Either way, it's better than bouncing a check. See our rates for the current overdraft line of credit rate and fee schedule for overdraft occurrences.
- Overdraft privilege is available on select accounts that allow you to overdraw your account up to $800.00 which needs to be brought current within 30 days. An overdraft privilege fee of $25.00 will apply for each item overdrawing your account and your item will be paid. Once this limit is reached, items will be returned unpaid and a NSF fee of $25.00 will apply. Click for more information on SCCU's Overdraft Protection.
There is no minimum balance required to open this account. We don't charge per-check fees or monthly maintenance fees (excluding business checking) and we pay you dividends on your checking on each day your account balance is $100 or more. For more details on Checking Account Options click here.